onsdag 18 februari 2009

Assignment #1, Week 9

What experiences would I like children of the world to have as they grow up?
What is the most important thing for a child?
What are the responsibilities of the adult world?

Growing up today is quite different from when I grew up, the world seems to change faster now then it did in the 80's. This means that children of today need to have knowledge that doesn't loose its value as the world around changes, and maybe that's why schools today focus more and more on "lifelong learning". Children of today need to learn how to learn, and how to keep up with the changes in technology, media, all-day life and in their schoolsystem as well.

Our responsibilities as adults is to strengthen childrens selfesteem and to support their individual development, their path towards learning about "lifelong learning". In many ways I see my future job as a supporting job, where I must allow my pupils to take responsibility of their own work, at the same time as I teach them, or guide them so that they feel secure taking that responsibility.

Experiences I would like every child to have with them when they graduate from elementary school, is that of security, selfesteem and strategies for how they can learn things on their own, and together with others. Furthermore I hope that all children get to experience the feeling of beeing unique, safe and feeling the need, the urge to learn more, because as the world keeps changing, so does the need for knowledge!

1 kommentar:

  1. I think the text is well structured. It is easy to follow and each paragraph has its own "theme".

    I agree with you in what you are saying. I also think it is a bit more difficult to grow up today, than it was twenty years ago. Everything spins a lot faster. And it is more things you have to know, and keep up with. Therefore it is important for us to give the children tools! Tools that help them cope with this "fast spinning" world that we are living in.

    The closure is ok too. You answer, and sum up the arguments that you have in the earlier paragraphs. But what is the most important thing for a child, do you think? I think the text lacks this question. I can understand what you mean, but I would like to have the answer of that question in the text.

    Best regards
    Annelie Ekelund

    SvaraRadera